The packs better watch out, the Vanguard Elite are training

A Taste of Shifter Geekdom: Shifter Romance (Vanguard Elite Book 2) - Annie Nicholas A Taste of Shifter Geekdom: Shifter Romance (Vanguard Elite) (Volume 2) - Annie Nicholas

I received an ARC of 'A Taste of Shifter Geekdom' from Annie Nicholas, in exchange for an honest review.

There was just something about the description for this book/series that drew me in, it could have been 1 of many things... Vampires, shifters, the millitary aspect?? maybe all of them. So I jumped at the chance to read this, even though I hadn't read the first book in the series, I hope to change that soon. 'A Taste of Shifter Geekdom' is book 2 in Annie's "Vanguard Elite" series, although you can read this book as a stand-alone, I highly suggest you read this series in order.

Darrell is a weapons geek who comes a very poor pack, he's using his time at the bootcamp to broaden his chances of changing his & his packs lives for the better. Julia ran to the bootcamp, escaping her pack, father & alpha. Excelling in everything at the bootcamp except target practice Julia finds herself asking Darrell for help...

LOVED this so bad, life at the bootcamp for misfits isn't easy as you quickly learn, but somehow the shifters within find themselves in the type of family, pack they don't have in their own. I enjoyed the action, tension, kinship, steamy scenes... everything just came together, especially when Pallus was on the scene. I can't wait to read the next books in the series.